TWELVE ANGRY MENA play by Reginald Rose
Outcome 1 - Readers and their responses
1. The generation of tension in the play
- Which characters act as the source of tension within the jury room?
- What other factors contribute to the building tension?
- What issues or discussion topics cause tension amongst the jurors?
2. The progression of the narrative
- What characters have been introduced?
- What specific traits do we learn about the characters?
- Along what path is the jury debate travelling?
3. Predictions regarding the plot development
- What do you think will be the next area of discussion regarding the defendant?
- Who do you believe will be the next juror to change their mind?
4. Possible viewer responses to the action and character development.
- How would an audience viewing the play at the time it was written respond to the action on stage?
- How does this differ from audiences viewing the play today?
- Is there a difference between audience responses here in Australia versus locals in the United States?